Historic White City
Silver Beach Amusement Company was organized in 1906 by C.H. Chandler of Pittsburgh, Penn., and W.F. Gwynn, a local real estate man.“White City” was just north of Mason’s boat launch and along the east side of North Shore Drive to Academy Street. Entertainment at “White City” was a roller coaster, Ferris Wheel, merry-go-round,“bear pit”, dance hall, ice cream parlor and the Silver Beach Hotel.“White City” was closed in 1919 and is a residential area.
Full mural can be seen at Yorky’s Market on Alabama St.
The Yorkston Family